Friday 20 September 2024

Eating out.

Eating out has always been a treat - that I don't assume is normal - it's for me a  social and enjoyable event. So when I was 16 - I was taken for the first time to an Italian restaurant in Covent Garden ca!led Giovanni's. Over the years I've been back on a few occasions and when I was working at the New Theatre in St Martin's Lane in 1965 on Oliver - I would sometimes go inbetween the matinee and evening performance. However I must confess I've not been for some time. The only reason being my centre of - eating out gravity changed. It was more centred on Soho and Old Compton Street area. Restaurants like Quo Vardis, L'Escargot and Dean Street Town House. So following a great review by Jay Rayner, in The Observer recently I've decided to go back for a re-run. So 1 October is the big day, I will let you know how I get on. I plan to have Spaghetti Vongole - as they are well known for this particular dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment