When I was quite young, say about 11 - I was a keen football fan of Charlton Athletic, the south London club. However they would frequently get beaten and I would - become angry and upset, so my mother - banned me from going to their matches. Many years later I lived in north London and my then local team was Arsenal. So I quickly adopted them as my new must see team. They then were housed in Highbury from 1913-2006. They moved, but to a larger stadium with a capacity for some 60,704 and one of the largest in the Premier League. It’s called the Emirates and has been well designed, but there are rumours - that this is now not sufficient as Arsenal is rapidly becoming an international brand - like Real Madrid or Liverpool. In fact in The Sunday Times, magazine on Sunday - there was a large article about how Arsenal, are becoming one of the top earners in the game of football. They stand alongside for example: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain. Six of the top ten earners in international football are in the Premier League and they are: Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea. If you wanted to join the Arsenal Football Club fan membership - you would have to wait a minimum of 20 years to get membership.
No comments:
Post a Comment