Since 1 July last year - I have suffered the indignity of a catheter. If you have been fortunate enough - never to be exposed to this indignity - count yourself lucky. The last 14 month have been the worse medically in my 83 years. I have had five infections and as a consequence - have had five lots of antibiotics. In addition - there is the added humiliation of every 12 weeks having a new catheter inserted. It’s also an extremely painful and unpleasant process - not something you would ever volunteer for. Just to put you in the picture - I have what it’s called an enlarged prostate and need an operation to reduce it’s size. Thankfully there is a treatment to reduce it and that is Laser treatment. I had the Laser operation on the 27th of July which went well. On Friday I went for an out patient appointment - to cut a long story short - I am 100% okay and ready to rock en roll’. Thank goodness for the NHS - all the staff were outstanding good and I told them so. I’am now recovering at home in Kent - from the last 14 months of trauma, pain and discomfort. I would say the next week is - convalescence time and getting back to normality, but its been the most terrible 14 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment