Sunday 8 September 2024

My favourite time of the year.

 September is my favourite month for a variety of reasons. Number one is a change on the first day of the month - I go into my summer wardrobe and put it all away until Easter 2025 - when the cycle starts again. As we enter autumn - I love the colours of this time of year with - browns, greens and blues. I've got a number of jackets that fit the bill. Some years ago during the January sales I went to an old favourite shop of mine that cater for men. Its Cordings on Piccadilly, London, W1 and they had a sale on. The shooting jacket was a staggering £550. This was the sale price and reduced from an eye watering £700. Today I decided to look at the Cordings website and - the jacket is a modest £850. 

So some 20 years ago I decided to pop across the road to Jermyn Street, to another favourite men's outfitter Harvie and Hudson. The almost identical jacket in this shop - during their sale was £350. So I was saving £200 - by walking across the road. I know it's still a lot of money, but nevertheless I did save money. I lived then in a rented cottage on a country estate in Kent. In August each year after the 12th - I would act as a beater with friends to follow the grouse and - bought this jacket especially for this occasion. Enjoy autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment