Monday 26 August 2024

Ice cream.

 Is there a profession that is more delicious and fun loving than ice cream? When I was a child of about 6 - In 1948 - I would take my pocket (6p in old money) and run to the corner shop - Ansells and buy my ice cream. It was something I looked forward to during the week while at school. When I lived in Hampstead in the mid 1960's - I would go with my girlfriend Marsha Kydd - to Chalk Farm to Marine Ices. This famous Italian ice cream parlour was first opened in 1931 and was in the same location. However it's now closed it's doors, but has apparently reopened about 200 yards closer to Camden Town. Fortunately my daughter has moved to Fokestone where there is an - Italian ice cream parlour called Massimo - and it's a gourmet delight. Enjoy the Bank Holiday and lots and lots of delicious ice 🍦.

No comments:

Post a Comment