Sunday 11 August 2024

Getting away from the big city lights.

 Increasingly Generation Z are moving out from the big city lights - to a more relaxed life in smaller locations by the coast. Destination like: Leigh on Sea; Hastings; Margate; Fokestone; Brighton and Hove and other sea side towns. I spent many happy school holidays in Hastings - were my grandparents lived. Much later in my twenties I spent 2 years doing a catering course in the town. I had a small flat over looking the sea. I can therefore say - living by the sea has many benefits. Not least is just your horizon is - literally bigger and wider. Moreover the life style is far more relaxed and accepting and the need to be seen in the - right place with the in-crowd is less. I use to work as a student in a pub in the Old Town of Hastings - that was at the time a well known venue for jazz enthusiasts. So I would highly recommend coastal living. Interestingly my two children have decided to live by the coast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment